Food & Nutrition Germany
Our vegan egg-flavoured spirit for deliciously creamy enjoyment
Our vegan egg-flavoured spirit is made with exclusively plant-based raw materials and convinces with its creamy consistency and delicious taste. A pleasure experience for all those who follow a plant-based diet.
Food & Nutrition Deutschland
A vegan and plant-based diet is closely linked to consumers' desire for a sustainable lifestyle, which more and more consumers are opting for.
Plant-based beverage alternatives for dairy products, for example, have long been an integral part of supermarket shelves. This naturally also has an influence on the range of liqueurs and spirits. Here, too, vegans and vegetarians want tasty and equivalent plant-based alternatives for their favourite products.
Taste is the number one priority for plant-based indulgence products. Consumers do not want to feel like they are missing out on anything, but demand the same delicious and creamy taste experience as with conventional products.
The biggest challenge in the production of a vegan egg-flavoured spirit is the replacement of egg. The egg not only provides the typical taste in the conventional product, but also the creamy, unique consistency. The viscosity, which changes during the two-step production, must always be observed, as it plays a decisive role for the right mouthfeel. But also the colour changes due to the missing egg and has to be adjusted by using colouring food as well as natural colours.
The vegan egg-flavoured spirit concept
- In line with the mega-trend "plant-based
- Use of vegan raw materials (claim: vegan)
- Combination of sugar and sucralose (claim: reduced sugar)
- Use of natural flavours
- So far, only a small range of egg-flavoured vegan spirits on the market
Raw material functionalities
- Sucralose: Improves sweetness by reducing the sugar content.
- Carrageenan: Helps improve viscosity and mouthfeel.
- Natural flavours: In combination, they provide the traditional and typical egg-flavoured liqueur.
- Colouring food in combination with a natural colour: Provide an appealing colour that would otherwise be lost by replacing egg.